Free Download:
Written in Berlin, Feb 2012, and then finished in Budapest later that year in June, we put out Version 1 around then, a simple acoustic recording. A month later in July we began recording this version before it was put aside until late December 2012 in Bologna where we recorded vocals. A few months after that, in 2013, we recorded rhythm tracks in Ventimiglia before finally mixing it all in June, almost a year after we started recording, which happened to be on the date of the Supermoon and year to the day of Version 1.
Balcarres Street is where we lived for several years in our first rented apartment in Edinburgh and where many profound changes took place for us.
Feel cramped in my room
The room that I've known so long
I need to move on
I don't belong
I look for a way to get out of the race
A space where light and sound can enter the ground
We come and we grow and we grow and we go
Balcarres Street
Balcarres Street
The harder you try
The more you just slip down the line
You're lost in time
Oh what a crime
Fade fade away
Fade fade fade away
To plant what I love and enjoy the fruits of the tree
You won't let it be so I'll have to leave
Fade fade away
Fade fade fade away
We come and we grow and we grow and we go
Balcarres Street
Balcarres Street
And you go on for so long
I barely know my name
And as it stands I'm glad
I've waited up so long
We're all in this too deep
We're all in this to keep
Speak the truth
Speak the truth
Speak the truth
Speak the truth
Well the harder you try
The more you just slip down the line
You're lost in time
Oh what a crime
Fade fade away
Fade fade fade away
We come and we grow and we grow and we go
Balcarres Street
Balcarres Street
Balcarres Street
Balcarres Street








