Balcarres Street (acoustic version 1) -SoulJahm

Balcarres Street in Edinburgh is where we rented our first apartment and lived for 3 years, between 2004 and 2007. The "One Way Ticket" album was produced there and many profound changes in our life took place during that period.

Strangely, this song came in Berlin in February 2012 and was further developed in Budapest in June this year. We have only just finished the 1st version this week and so what you hear is our first attempt of the song in full, recorded in one pass into one microphone so it is essentially a 'live acoustic take'.
We hope to develop this one in time with more instruments and a more grand arrangement.

Feel cramped in my room
The room that I've known so long
I need to move on
I don't belong

I look for a way to get out of the race
A space where light and sound can enter the ground

We come and we grow and we grow and we go
Balcarres Street
Balcarres Street

The harder you try
Well the more you just slip down the line
You're lost in time
Oh what a crime

Fade
Fade away
Fade
Fade fade away

To plant what I love and enjoy the fruits of the tree
You won't let it be
So I'll have to leave

Fade
Fade away
Fade
Fade fade away

We come and we grow and we grow and we go
Balcarres Street
Balcarres Street

And you go on for so long
I barely know my name
And as it stands I'm glad
I've waited up so long
We're all in this too deep
We're all in this to keep

Speak the truth
Speak the truth
Speak the truth
Speak the truth

The harder you try
Well the more you just slip down the line
You're lost in time
Oh what a crime

Fade
Fade away
Fade
Fade fade away

We come and we grow and we grow and we go
Balcarres Street
Balcarres Street
Balcarres Street
Balcarres Street

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top